Through Trego County KS and really throughout the entire country, opioid abuse and heroin are really widespread disorders. Heroin is one of the most frequently used drugs in the Trego County KS area, and local courts often hear about possession and use of heroin cases. If you have been arrested for heroin possession, even if it was only a small amount that you intended to use for yourself, you need the services of a good Trego County KS heroin lawyer. An esteemed, skilled heroin lawyer will help you to rise above the court case and move on with your life – and even help you to get the helping hand that you need.
[dyna dynami=”Template 2″]
It is important to understand that if you have been found guilty of heroin possession, you will face Trego County KS’s rigid drug laws.
What Are the Heroin Penalties in Trego County KS?
If you are convicted for possessing heroin, you may face the following:
First Offense: Up to one year in prison; 6 months license suspension
Second Offense: Up to two years in prison; one-year license suspension
Third Offense: Up to 3 years in prison; 2 years license suspension
Note that a heroin conviction has many far-reaching impacts on all areas of your life, including your ability to get a job, pass clearances, and even get custody of your children. You may also be ineligible for financial aid for school.
How To Affirm Heroin Possession in Trego County KS?
In Trego County KS in order to be convicted of possessing a controlled substance, the prosecution must prove:
- The accused knowingly and intentionally had an illegal drug in his or her possession.
- The accused knew the drugs were not legal, the accused knew the drugs were present, and the accused planned to use or control them.
- The accused had actual or constructive possession of a controlled substance. In other words, the accused had the drug on his or her person, such as in his or her pocket, or in a spot that he or she had control over, like the trunk of the car or hidden under the bed.
What Does Trego County KS Law Say About Drugs?
Under State and federal laws, it is prohibited to knowingly possess drugs or medications that you do not have a prescription for. Any violations of this law are considered to be a misdemeanor.
It is also against State and federal laws to manufacture, deliver, or possess with the intent to deliver any drugs unless you have a license to do so. Any violation of this statute is a felony.
Learn More About Your Next Steps From Our Trego County KS Heroin Lawyer
If you have been charged with a heroin offense, the first thing you need to do is choose a good Trego County KS heroin lawyer. Even if you haven’t been charged yet, but you think you will be, you need to hire a lawyer.
What should you look for? Someone who is able to draw on his or her relationships and understanding of the court system to help you lessen or dismiss your charges. Looking for someone that has drug law experience can help you to get the help that you need.
One thing that is important to note is that you do not want to talk to anyone without a heroin lawyer present. Your lawyer will be able to help you answer questions and collect information that is critical to your case. The earlier you have a lawyer, the easier it is to confirm this.
Contact us today at (316) 512-1930 to get connected with the top Trego County KS heroin lawyer that can help you to fight your charges and get your life back on track.
[dyna dynami=”Youtube Set2″]
- Derby KS Heroin Lawyer: Don't Let Your Life Slip Away
- Bourbon County KS Prescription Drugs Lawyer
- Stevens County KS Drug Trafficking: You Need Help
- Wichita KS Heroin Lawyer: Don't Let Your Life Slip Away
- Grant County KS Drug Trafficking: You Need Support